SBS in Boston Student Spotlight: UMass SBS Economics major Megan Harvey’23

Megan participated in the spring 2022 SBS in Boston semester, where she interned with Golden Thread Agency, a boutique PR and marketing agency, founded and run by an SBS alum, that specializes in brand building, media relations, thought leadership, and communications strategy.  Megan was a member of their PR intern team, working on a variety of project, focusing on products and events for young families.  Here’s what Megan had to say about her experience:

“As a senior at UMass Amherst, I have been most grateful for my experience with the SBS in Boston program. The SBS in Boston program allowed me to meet a lot of friends as well as find an internship in a field I knew I would want to work in. I interned for Golden Thread Agency and now I work for Golden Thread agency part time and will work for them when I graduate. I do PR work with them and the CEO is a UMass Amherst alum.

I spend a lot of time running her Instagram, as well as working with some of her clients like Hood Dairy and Modelo Health, which is a new woman’s health app. Over Christmas break I am going to table for Hood Dairy (at an event in Boston) and I am very excited for this. I enjoyed going to the Mount Ida campus in the spring for my class and fell in love with the Boston area.  I cannot recommend the SBS in Boston program enough.”

Join us for an information session to learn more about how you can apply and participate in our SBS in Boston spring semester internship program!

By Carol Sharick
Carol Sharick Director of Career and Professional Development for Undergraduates, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences