The 4+1 Accelerated MS Degree in Resource Economics is an applied economics program focusing on applied microeconomics. Students take a rigorous set of courses in microeconomic theory and quantitative methods, including advanced statistical theory and econometrics. Students take three graduate courses prior to the “plus-one” year. Those courses might include our microeconomic theory sequence or our statistics and econometrics sequence. Students focus on an applied field in their “plus-one” year (environmental, industrial organization, behavioral economics, or a field supported by courses in economics) and additional quantitative methods.
- an online application form
- two letters of recommendation
- two copies of official transcripts of all previous college work (undergraduate and any graduate work)
- Official scores of the Graduate Record Examination(GRE)
- a personal statement that outlines your goals for graduate study (1-3 pages)
- deadline: February 1
Ready to apply? Visit the UMass Graduate School for details related to admissions requirements, the application process, deadlines, transcript requests and more. We welcome your inquiries.
Interested in 4+1 programs outside of SBS, visit this UMass Graduate School website page.