AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries and geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 800+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more at alphasights.com.
The Demand Generation Intern Role
As a Demand Generation Intern in our New York (Shanghai) office this summer, you will learn how to drive demand for AlphaSights’ services by developing proactive and tailored marketing strategies to attract current and prospective clients.
If you are excited by the opportunity to expand upon your understanding of B2B marketing, learn how to map a specific audience type, and coordinate marketing campaigns aimed to deliver measurable business results, we have the perfect summer internship for you!
AlphaSights is a global team of ambitious, mission-driven professionals committed to powering progress for our clients and our people alike. From the moment you join us, you’ll have significant responsibility paired with the support and guidance of the global Marketing team.
The Demand Generation Intern will collaborate with the Marketing team and other internal stakeholders to execute a wide range of initiatives including:
- Using data to target users with the right content at the right time
- Increasing brand affinity among users, both prospective and existing
- Finding opportunities where marketing strategies lead to impactful business outcomes
Account and User Mapping:
- Develop an understanding of the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and create strategies to target these users on an ongoing basis
- Map accounts to identify opportunities to expand our user base
- Update account and user mapping tools to codify the data required to scale outreach to users who would benefit from AlphaSights’ services
- Update materials to ensure clients have a smooth onboarding, are aware of AlphaSights’ multitude of services, and view AlphaSights as a continued thought partner
- Identify market opportunities and triggers within the user journey to target the right users with the right content at the right time
- Plan, execute, and optimize marketing campaigns – using CRM/mail-merge software and social tools – that are both unique to AlphaSights as well as appeal to the preferences of our target audience
- Meticulously track all outreach activities to measure ROI, identify best practices, and set goals
- Log all client information in CRM-based tools to build robust profiles and ensure future campaigns are well targeted
- Track client movements within the user journey to extend lifetime value
- Be comfortable working closely with senior leadership to capitalize on shared business objectives
More About Marketing Team
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role. Hard work, drive, and a commitment to delivering results will put you on a path to progressing your career in marketing.
You’ll work in a company of driven colleagues from around the world: we work as one global team that’s dedicated to growing our business, improving ourselves, supporting one another, and celebrating wins together.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- A natural curiosity and an ambition to expand your horizons
- Perfect attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Growth mindset: the ability to develop in your role over time and view setbacks as learning opportunities
- Undergraduate Junior (Class of 2022)
- Strong academic credentials in any major and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in a relevant foreign language is a plus
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you’re not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and see how you can drive impact in our firm.
What You Can Expect
A fast-paced environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results
- The opportunity to gain key marketing skills, including results-oriented research, sales, negotiation, commercial acumen, professional communication, and project and time management
- A team-oriented, strongly supportive culture emphasizing transparency, continuous feedback, professional development, and celebrating wins
- A professional development team that works to ensure that you’re supported and on a clear career trajectory both within our firm and beyond
- Opportunity to receive a full-time employment offer to return post-graduation
- We hire on a rolling basis until our program is full
- Program Start Date: Early June 2021
- Program End Date: Mid August 2021
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.