NOTE from SBS Careers: living at Mount Ida, which is located in Newton, MA, while doing an internship for credit is an option that is available to you.
As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our fall program offers a 10 week fully immersed experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
Start Date: September 23, 2022
End Date: December 9, 2022
Hours: 20 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
Pay Rate: All ALSAC interns are paid. Pay rate is based on work location.
Work Location: New England Office located in Newton, MA
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
- Work with the Boston Area Team to plan and execute fundraising and awareness initiatives in New England.
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite, social media, and community outreach platforms.
- Task/projects include working with our St. Jude Walk/Run, Country Cares Radio and Dinners/Galas/Golf programs.
- Assist with the cultivation of St. Jude Walk/Run participants through post event fundraising and milestone recognition
- Program specific social media campaigns
- Solicitation, cultivation, and tracking of in-kind support
Skills preferred: Excellent written and communication skills, creative, collaborative, ability to multitask
Majors preferred: No preference of major. Past intern majors have included Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Nonprofit, Communications, and other related majors
Application & Interview Process:
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manager. Final candidates will be selected by September 2, 2022.
For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern .