- • Collaborate with Communications Leadership to identify and carry out ways to tell the Red Cross story visually
- • Take photos and/or video at events, trainings and disasters
- in accordance with Red Cross brand standards
- • Create video interview profiles with volunteer
- and paid staff showcasing their “Red Cross Mission Moment”
- • Capture portraits, candids and/or studio shots to tell the Red Cross story of service delivery
- • Cull, edit, caption and upload your photos/video to online sharing accounts;
- share select photos in a timely manner (typically same day or within 24 hours)
- with chapter/regional communications leadership and the social media team
- • Share photos/video on social media, when appropriate
- • Coordinate with chapter social media leads to share your team’s videos and photos
- on social media or Red Cross sites.
- • Treat all clients, volunteers and partners with dignity and respect –
- always obtaining required photo releases.
- • Organize and deliver photo/video documentation, captions, quotes
- and photo releases.
- During Disasters:
- • Work with communications team to identify daily priorities
- to share visual story.
- • Deploy to the scene to seek out opportunities for photos/videos.
- Minimum 8 hours per month – flexible and dependent on individual projects and local disaster responses. May be 4-8 hours per day during disasters.
- • Prior experience in photography and/or video required.
- • Ability to be on call during disaster situations
- as needed to manage volunteers and secure photos/videos (low priority)
- • Willingness to take photos/video of non-disaster stories
- • Excellent photography/video techniques and abilities
- • Ability to upload photos/video to online sites
- • Ability to meet deadlines – often same day or within 24 hours
- • Ability to communicate in a friendly and engaging manner
- • Willingness to interview subjects to provide detailed
- caption information
- • Experience with social media a plus
- • Video editing a plus
- Chapter public affairs staff, chapter executive, chapter departmental leads; clients, donors, partners and volunteers you meet in the field and photograph.
Length of Appointment
- 3, 6, or 12 months with a renewable opportunity
- • Be a valued member of the Red Cross communications team.
- • Gain portfolio; opportunities to train on video editing software
- • Team leadership opportunities
- • Regional disaster deployments
- • Orientation to American Red Cross
- • Public Affairs Essentials (Online)
- • Introduction to Red Cross Communications
- • Fundamentals of Disaster Public Affairs, National Response (Webinar)
- • Social Media Basics (Recommended)
- Assist the Red Cross in delivering its mission by telling stories with and through photos and/or video to showcase the Red Cross at work, both in disaster and non-disaster times.