The Executive Office is a fast-paced environment that requires its staff to balance multiple different responsibilities and projects at once and deal with a lot of different teams and personalities. An EO Intern should be ready to jump in and help the team with both ad hoc and long-term projects to be able to thrive Executive Office’s constantly changing environment.
The EO is looking for a Summer 2021 intern to work from May-August (exact dates flexible). This is an unpaid internship opportunity. This opportunity is remote. Hours flexible, 20+ preferred.
Submit applications here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oeHGdfwy&s=Email
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (may include but are not limited to):
- Assisting in day to day EO operations including assembling nightly packet for CEO (priorities, and materials for upcoming meetings)
- Providing research as requested by CEO
- Assisting with long-term Executive Office projects such as assembling board reports, fundraising appeals, and collaboration with other teams within the organization
- Creating and leading a cross-team project among other Ashoka interns
- Update or streamline team organization system
- Event planning and logistics
- Assisting the Correspondence team to maintain CEO’s contacts in Salesforce database as needed
- Filling in/aiding the Correspondence team
- Working with the Director of the Executive Office on special projects
- A recent graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- The ideal applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, innovative, and attentive to detail
- Candidates are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite
- Intrapreneurial – able to innovate within an existing organization and get things done well in a new way
- Experience working with C-Suite level executives
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to create systems
- High energy and calm manner – able to handle stressful situations and different personalities
- Able to anticipate what is going on and what could go wrong when planning and coordinating events
- Able to excel in multiple tasks but also understands how to prioritize projects, especially in the Executive Office’s constantly changing environment.
- Experience and interest in research (eg: financial).
- Works well without a lot of direction and is able to manage in ambiguity.
- Able to manage up and work with top executives, high-level contacts; cooperate with staff across different teams
- Able to communicate ideas and create personal relationships through writing.
- Optional: Experience in Salesforce, SharePoint, InDesign