The Congressional Internship is designed for AAPI undergraduate-aged students looking to increase their experience in public policy and service.
Applications are now open for our Fall Congressional Internship program, which will be an in-person internship hosted in partnership with the United Parcel Service (UPS). Our fall 2021 internship cohort will have the opportunity to gain working experience in a congressional office and in the UPS Washington, D.C. office. Interns will work in the UPS office 1 day per week and in a congressional office the remaining days of the week.
FALL 2021 CONGRESSIONAL INTERNS WILL RECEIVE
- Professional work experience in a congressional office
- The grant for the Congressional Internship is $2,500. Payments are made in two $1,250 installments. The first payment is received at the beginning of the internship, the second payment is received at the end when all program requirements have been completed.
- Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, D.C.
- Leadership development opportunities, access to the APAICS alumni network, and more.
- Work for a minimum of 32 hours a week
- Attend a one-day orientation
- Attend professional development events
- Complete weekly journals
- Submit a program evaluation at the end of the internship
- Comply with APAICS policies regarding work performance and personal conduct