Who we are
We’re a rapidly growing consumer tech startup in the Boston area. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at our company.
About the position
Chirp is looking for a motivated early career coordinator to join our merchandising team. This new team member will provide key support to the author and publisher account management team, the production team, as well as the content team, helping to organize content for our large community of audiobook lovers across our daily emails and on the Chirp website.
Responsibilities could include:
- Assisting account managers in submitting, scheduling, and coordinating our publisher and indie partners promotions
- Writing, proofreading, and editing copy for daily deals and other book marketing content
- Supporting the team to curate, categorize, and merchandise audiobooks
- Maintaining and updating Chirp’s database of books, authors, and author recommendations
- Liaising with external data providers to maintain excellent data integrity on audiobooks
- Conducting ad hoc analysis and prep work for account managers and the larger merchandising team
- Providing excellent client support and guidance to partners during client meetings and communications
- Aiding in the development of team processes, policies, and procedures
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work autonomously and balance competing priorities effectively
- Comfortable working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other teams
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines with strong coordination abilities
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills
- Enthusiasm for books (specifically audiobooks a plus!) and interest in the publishing industry
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
We offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Remote work flexibility
Our team has where-you-work flexibility that allows you to choose a predominantly remote, in-office, or hybrid setup within Massachusetts, where our office is located, and certain other states. We’ll help each team member figure out the work set up that’s best for them, including WFH equipment or a dedicated desk space in our office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our in-person work options will remain contingent on local safety guidelines and recommendations.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone call
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. We are currently conducting all interviews fully remotely. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
We strive to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.