We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Brewing Co-op at our Samuel Adams Brewery in Boston, MA.
This position is responsible for assisting the Boston Brewery 10 barrel system and all trials and brewing associated with it. As instructed by the Head Brewer, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily execution of all brewing functions, monitoring brewing quality, and ensuring safe and sanitary working conditions at all times. This position reports to a member of the brewing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in daily pilot brewery operations
- Cleaning & sanitation of fermentation tanks
- Update, maintain and develop CIP/cleaning procedures for all process equipment
- Collect and maintain all records for processing, CIP, cleaning and servicing of equipment
- Fill kegs and maintain CIP and sanitation for the keg filler
- Packaging of samples / packages
- Uphold overall cleanliness and sanitation of brewery
- Collect and compile data for projects
- Term project (design and complete) per review of Head Brewer
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Promotes high product quality achievement within a professional work environment
- Special projects per Brewing and Quality staff
- Understanding of and compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and overall brewery sanitation and safety
- Opportunity to design experiments and revise / write procedures for the right candidate
- Support events / functions of the Boston Brewery as requested / necessary
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Social Security Number needed by first day of employment
- Must be able to commute daily to Boston Brewery in Jamaica Plain, MA.
- Currently studying in following Undergraduate Majors: Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Chemical Engineering are highly recommended.
- Home brewing or other progress towards brewing experience a plus
- Ability to be on your feet and in motion for a majority of the day
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Customer service experience highly recommended.
- Ability to work in a flexible and changing schedule
- Writes clearly and effectively, document activities and presents ideas
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to all aspects of the manufacturing environment while working
- · Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Instills commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance
- Expresses him/herself in an honest, positive, and up-beat manner
- Is self-motivated, constant focus on raising the bar
- High Sense of urgency
- Identifies problems, evaluates several options and recommendations, and supports a solution
- Stays focused on the real problem and does not become easily side tracked
- Ability to see the larger picture and keeps this in mind when making decisions
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits for our Co-ops including paid sick time, 401K program, Employee Assistance Program (EAP0, pre-tax deductions for MBTA passes, and worker’s comp. Not to mention, brown bag lunches with senior leadership, assigned mentors, and social events with other co-ops.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.