We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Product Insights Co-Op in at our Samuel Adams Brewery in Boston, MA.*.
This position will be responsible for supporting consumer research for our Product Development & Brand teams. Specifically, you will work with our Product Insights Manager in conducting focus groups, interviews, and consumer feedback evaluations on new and current alcoholic beverages. You will also help manage and grow our newly developed consumer panels. You will help us gain competitive advantage by monitoring competitors and trends and reporting your findings.
You will experience firsthand how consumer research plays a role in producing new products at Boston Beer. You will also learn how to analyze and report on qualitative data in a meaningful, impactful way to influence business decisions.
This position collaborates with Insights, Brand, Sensory, Product Development and the Brewery Tour Center & Tap Room teams, and includes the opportunity to work at Boston Brewery events and to help the Sensory team with additional testing.
A highlight of the Product Insights Co Op role is an individual project in which the Co Op creates and executes on a topic they are passionate about, with the opportunity to present to the team. The Co Op is also encouraged to contribute their ideas and develop their skills by actively engaging in research process.
The brewery environment is fast paced but friendly, so the Co-Op should have good time management skills and strong work ethic, but also enjoy the comradery and fun team events with the brewery team.
Time management and organizational skills are essential.
What You’ll Do:
- Grow and maintain internal and external consumer databases; including promoting participation, uploading new consumers in the database, and tracking consumer participation
- Support consumer testing by creating screeners, help with scheduling, building questionnaires, day of set up and support, shipping products, data entry, note taking and report writing
- Assist report building in PowerPoint
- Gather feedback on Boston Beer products in the Tour Center and Tap Room when needed
- Create SOP’s for newly completed processes and projects
Competitor Landscape and Trends
- Source relevant competitive products for evaluation and storage
- Organize and track current competitive library and maintain accurate shelf-lives
- Assist with setting up competitor tastings and taking notes when needed
- Track and report on trends in the food and beverage industry; identify potential areas of growth for Boston Beer Company
- Student must be 21 years of age
- Market Research experience a plus
- Classes in Marketing required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a flexible and changing schedule
- Must be able to lift (32) pounds
*During COVID, the Product Insights co op will work both virtual and at the brewery based on safety and business needs. Job responsibilities may fluctuate depending on business need and the working environment.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits for our Co-ops including paid sick time, 401K program, Employee Assistance Program (EAP0, pre-tax deductions for MBTA passes, and worker’s comp. Not to mention, brown bag lunches with senior leadership, assigned mentors, and social events with other co-ops.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.