Boston magazine offers Consumer & Events Marketing internship opportunities for undergraduate college students.
Our interns serve as a member of the Consumer & Events Marketing team in a dynamic, bottom-line driven environment. Interns assist in all manners of tasks, helping with the overall brand and supporting marketing processes of the magazine and its ancillary publications. Some of these tasks include the planning and execution of all Boston magazine events, helping to create post-event recaps, creating content for the @BostonMagEvents social media platforms, concepting and copywriting for promotional material and more! Interns have daily interaction with our marketing and sales staff allowing for great experience in the publishing industry.
• Assisting with the planning and execution of Boston magazine events by helping with the creation of promotional materials, signage, maintaining RSVP lists, organizing collateral, etc.
• Assisting with set-up and registration at events (this may, and usually does, require carrying/transporting event collateral and signage up to 30 pounds)
• Assisting all parties at events, where needed (guests, sponsors, vendors, PM staff, etc.)
• Helping to prepare media kits for Boston magazine advertising sales representatives
• Creating mailings, counter cards, posters, and banners for promotions
• Must be an undergraduate pursuing a four-year degree and seeking to gain additional experience in the industry.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 2 days a week (9:00-5:00pm) or the equivalent hours over a three-day period.
• Interns must also be available to assist with certain Boston magazine events after normal work hours on weeknights or weekends (usually 2-3 per month). Boston magazine signature events are mandatory.
• Must work for the duration of the semester (spring, summer, or fall) – 9 weeks minimum.