Financial Data Analyst Intern – 3 months
Please apply up to 60 days before your joining date
Full time Coop: 9 am-5pm Monday through Friday on-site (OPT holders can only apply for full-time)
Part time: MUST commit to one schedule
Cohort 1: Monday and Wednesday 9 am-5 pm on-site, Fridays remote
Cohort 2: Tuesday and Thursday 9 am-5 pm on-site, Fridays remote
BraunWeiss Technology Leadership Development Program is designed to provide hands on experience to future technology leaders by providing cross-functional exposure to technology ops while simultaneously building business acumen and leadership skills. Through our partnership with philanthropic and charitable organizations you will be working on real projects helping the community while gaining hands on experience.
This is a great opportunity to gain hands on experience on Finance, Accounting, Reporting and Financial Systems. Our interns not only work with real Financial data but also get training on industry tools such as PowerBI, Visio, Oracle ERP.
Financial Data Analyst Intern
Auto req ID 40PFAI
Business Title Financial Data Analyst Intern
Location USA – MA – Newton
Job Function Financial Analyst
Time Status Full-Time or Part-Time
Salary Grade N/A
Our professionals balance analytical skills, market insight and expertise to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel in an Agile environment. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at BraunWeiss.
Purpose of the role
The ideal candidate for this role is someone that is adept at multi-tasking, looking to explore a future in Finance and Analysis, and willing to learn new things. They should have basic understanding (or interest) of Finance and Financial Services. As a part of your internship you will be working with industry standard tools such as Oracle ERP, MS Dynamics, QuickBooks and have an opportunity to get certified based on your interest. You will be assigned real projects where you will be working closely with a project team and be a part of our initiatives.
· Perform day to day accounting functions for projects assigned such as:
o GL entries
o Bank reconciliations
o Process the month end close accurately and timely.
o Be the “go to” person for issues related to the assigned project
· Utilize principles of accounting and financial modeling to conduct in-depth exploration of causes or trends in revenues and operational costs
· Draw charts and graphs using computer spreadsheets to illustrate financial reports
· Prepare work to be processed by gathering, sorting, organizing and recording data, information, and documents
· Create, update and maintain spreadsheets tracking various departmental metrics.
· Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information for Construction Coordinators and Manager as needed.
· Responsible for cost and expense management reduction analysis
· Work closely with other departments in order to complete projects and assist construction in meeting deadlines.
· Actively participate in financial processes including operating budgets, forecasts, program reporting and analysis, revenue pipeline management, pricing, decision support and cost analysis
· Prepare alternate and complete financial and statistical reports by identifying appropriate sources of data and meaningful financial indicators
· Assist with the preparation/review of the reporting packages, KPI’s, etc.
· Analyze data trends to identify key areas of concern or opportunities for improvement
· Ability to analyze large amounts of data effectively, efficiently, and accurately
· Practice GAAP and use ERP tools to analyze financial data
· Collaborate with project managers and clients to ensure that requirements are being met
· Accounting or Finance education
· Expert level in MS Excel
· Ability and interest in learning various ERM applications such as Oracle and MS Dynamics
· Ability to work with large confidential data sets
· Exposure to Data Analysis tool such as SQL, Tableau, SAS
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong, independent self –starter, as well as collaborative problem solver
· Ability to multi-task across a range of projects with constantly shifting priorities
· Excellent time management and organization skills
· Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly
· Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
· Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
· Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
If you are interested, please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BraunWeiss is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status age or disability.