BraunWeiss Technology Leadership Development Program – 3 months
Project Manager Track
Please apply up to 60 days before your joining date
Full time Coop: 9 am-5pm Monday through Friday on-site
Part time: MUST commit to one schedule
Cohort 1: Monday and Wednesday 9 am-5 pm on-site, Fridays remote
Cohort 2: Tuesday and Thursday 9 am-5 pm on-site, Fridays remote
BraunWeiss TLDP is designed to provide hands on experience to future technology leaders by providing cross-functional exposure to technology ops while simultaneously building business acumen and leadership skills. Through our partnership with philanthropic and charitable organizations you will be working on real projects helping the community while gaining hands on experience.
Assigned assignments involve people management, digital transformation, project management, client-facing work, operations, strategy, change management, and technical skills development. These assignments can range from “developing architecture and infrastructure to support digital transformation” to actually “leading projects and managing teams”.
Our professionals balance analytical skills, market insight and expertise to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel in an Agile environment. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at BraunWeiss.
Purpose of the role
The ideal candidate for this role is someone that is adept at multi-tasking, looking to explore a future in Project Management, and willing to learn new things. As part of the Product Delivery team, the Agile Project Manager will provide general supervision and business-level guidance to the cross-functional team in product feature analysis, content design, and client acceptance. The APM is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to in the software delivery lifecycle. Maintain responsibility for monitoring the requirements and attending meetings with developers on the team to understand the details, dependencies, and status of all Milestones, Epics, and Features.
· Serves as Project Manager on multiple projects of various complexities at the same time.
· Utilizes and strictly follows a phase project management methodology. Ensures methodology is followed by entire project team.
· Communicates effectively to all levels of the organization.
· Takes ownership of the project budget and schedule. Tracks project expenses and staff hours worked weekly.
· Prepares monthly status reports and presents project status reports to customers, sponsors, management and administration. Commits to a quality project.
· Works with IT Management to assemble a project team composed of IT staff and consultants. Then, facilitates the advancement of major projects through various phases of project implementation.
· Analyzes projects to ensure conformance with Community and IT strategic plans.
· Seeks opportunities to improve original project intent.
· Resolves difficult problems and conflicts.
· Ensures that project progress, assumptions, scope changes, issues and risks are appropriately documented and addressed.
· Utilizes change management best practices including organizational readiness, stakeholder analysis, and change communications in order to improve project success and post-implementation customer adoption.
· Works with PMO Management to develop and manage the project contracts.
· Knowledge of project organization and management including monitoring time and dollar expenditures for tasks performed.
· Experience using JIRA or similar project and work management tools for backlog grooming, assigning sprint work, etc.
· Knowledge of IT Best Practices.
· Knowledge and skill with IT Project Management including project requirements, design, test, cost estimates, deliverables, design review, design reports and project status reports.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Solutions Framework Methodology.
· Knowledge of Business Process Re-engineering.
· Knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action and Problem Management.
· Skill with verbal and written communication.
· Skill processing data into action plans and directives to meet objectives.
· Skills presenting technical concepts to non-technical executive staff.
· Skill developing as-is and to-be process and procedures.
· Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
· Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
· Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
If you are interested, please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BraunWeiss is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status age or disability.