Candidates must apply to both Handshake and BRG website in order to be considered for interviews. Candidates that do not apply on both websites will not be considered for interviews.
To apply, please click here.
Berkeley Research Group, LLC (BRG) is a global consulting firm that helps leading organizations advance in three key areas: disputes and investigations, corporate finance, and strategy and operations. Headquartered in California with offices around the world, we are an integrated group of experts, industry leaders, academics, data scientists, and professionals working beyond borders and disciplines. We harness our collective expertise to deliver the inspired insights and practical strategies our clients need to stay ahead of what’s next.
The Summer Associate position is a temporary position as a member of our consulting staff for the summer of 2022. This position will include 8 weeks working as an entry level staff member. The Summer Associate will work in BRG’s Healthcare Analytics Practice. BRG Healthcare Analytics professionals bring extensive industry experience to deliver data driven, independent, and innovative approaches to complex legal, regulatory, and business challenges. Our core strength is the ability to harness and analyze large amounts of electronic healthcare data and turn it into meaningful and insightful information. Healthcare companies trust our independent thinking and ability to solve unstructured problems. We serve a range of healthcare clients including payors, providers, life sciences companies, and the legal and financial firms that work with the industry.
The position requires a highly motivated problem solver with above average analytical ability. The work of a Summer Associate can be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and projects can range from industry and subject matter research to data collection to the preparation of statistical, financial, and other forms of analysis.
BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. This position is located in the Boston office and offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
- Demonstrate creativity and learn to efficiently use relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions.
- Gain experience developing and maintaining electronic databases, spreadsheets and other files as dictated by project needs.
- Perform detailed research and analysis, then put the results into action (e.g., gather, review and summarize literature and data from the public domain, specialized industry resources, or client, public and commercial databases).
- Audit own work product and work product of others to assure quality.
- Organize case documents; create and maintain hard copy and electronic libraries for documents and retrieve documents from libraries as necessary
- Participate in a positive team environment and work hard to meet client deadlines and quality expectations.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Progression towards a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or equivalent in the areas of economics, finance, accounting, statistics, econometrics, or other practice related subjects.
- Summer Associate positions are typically reserved for students who have one year remaining in their academic program.
- Proven capability with MS Excel and relational database program(s) (e.g., MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, Oracle, Teradata) or statistical analysis programs (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Stata, R). A desire to expand those capabilities is required.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.