The Business-Industry Political Action Committee (BIPAC) is looking for a motivated, organized student or recent graduate who can work at least 20 hours or 3 days per week. The Advocacy and Policy Intern works with the Member Services and Field Operations team members on projects involving communication and content development, political and legislative research, and administrative support. In this role, the intern will also learn about the tools and resources necessary to support advocacy and voter education efforts of member corporations and business associations. Projects will focus on developing educational resources for government affairs professionals, researching advocacy and voter education topics, legislative bill tracking, and supporting the team on other projects as needed.
- Support the Member Services and Field Operations team with advocacy and voter education initiatives.
- Support the Political team with research.
- Help develop advocacy content including graphics, primers, and toolkits.
- Research trends in advocacy and get out the vote programs.
- Help with social media communications including managing a social media timeline, drafting social posts, creating graphics, and remaining informed of trends.
- Assist with updating state partner and member websites.
- Provide administrative support and assist with other assignments as needed.
Education and Experience: Applicant must be currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program. Applicant is based in the United States.
Skill Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a high level of organization and attention to detail is required. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to multitask and to work independently as well as collaboratively. Professional attitude and an interest in the political process and corporate/association government relations. Ability to manage long and short-term projects.
Compensation: BIPAC internships can be used for course credit but are unpaid.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please send your resume and cover letter to Dalexi Carrillo at email@example.com.