The ideal candidate finds doing qualitative analysis intellectually stimulating, especially when the right or wrong answer is difficult to discern, and finds reading and writing about business strategy, operations and performance thought-provoking. They consider taking ownership of their work, developing analytical skills, and sharing their expertise with others as important measures of success.
Business Intelligence Advisors, Inc. (“BIA”) is an independent investment research firm that provides a unique edge to institutional investors and hedge funds. BIA uses its proprietary behavioral assessment methodology, developed by U.S. intelligence professionals, to critically analyze the language and behaviors from company disclosures to ascertain for investors when management teams are conveying incomplete and unreliable information.
BIA is seeking qualified candidates who are interested in providing qualitative behavioral analysis and insights to help our clients make investment decisions. As a new hire, you will work closely with Senior Analysts and Research Managers to conduct intensive analysis of verbal corporate disclosures and deliver written reports to clients. You will develop research and analytical experience and will become well versed in how to apply that to evaluations of business strategy, performance metrics and terminology. You will have broad exposure to the buy side investment audience and financial markets. Because BIA is an entrepreneurial company, your work will directly contribute to growth and success of the business, and if you excel you will frequently be given opportunities to stretch your project management, leadership and client-facing skills and grow your responsibilities.
A combination of excellent performance and increased experience as you progress in the Analyst track will make you eligible for promotion to Senior Analyst. As a Senior Analyst, you will focus more on advanced analysis, project management and direct client interaction, which will be the foundation of further advancement within BIA. Due to the significant investment in training on our methodology, there is an expectation of at least a three-year commitment to the role.
More information can be found here: https://www.biadvisors.com/tba.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Learn to use behavior assessment to analyze public company disclosures, including earnings calls, conferences and press releases
- Review public company disclosures to determine where management’s presentations are not complete or reliable
- Use rigorous analytical thought processes to develop unique insight and perspectives on company performance and expected results
- Write reports that clearly articulate your analysis, reasoning and conclusions
- Present and defend your research and conclusions to colleagues and clients
- Provide investor clients with questions based on our behavioral methodology to ask management teams
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and evaluate key information
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Avid observer of and keen interest in human behavior and communication
- Familiarity with or demonstrated interest in business strategy, operations and financial performance
- Ability to reach logical conclusions and clearly articulate those conclusions both in writing and orally
- Demonstrated ability to learn rapidly
- Comfort receiving direct feedback
- Able to thrive in a high-stakes environment that requires decision-making under uncertainty
- Self-motivated and able to deliver high quality results under tight deadlines
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Coursework in business, economics, finance and other relevant subjects preferred
- New graduates or those with up to 2 years of work experience ideal
- Strong academic achievement. GPA of 3.5+ strongly preferred
Business Intelligence Advisors welcomes candidates that bring unique and diverse backgrounds and experiences. A commitment to serving clients, teamwork, accountability, and integrity form the foundation of a challenging and exciting career at BIA. Direct candidates only and no phone calls, please. BIA can only consider candidates who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. For more information about BIA, please visit: www.biadvisors.com.