Cabot Properties is an institutional investor, developer, and operator of logistics real estate. As an industry leader for over 30 years, we have used our expertise and acumen to create ongoing value for our partners. Cabot has a strong team of dedicated, bright, strategic, and detail-oriented individuals. We view people as our most valuable assets, and our greatest responsibility. Come join us.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Management Intern in our Boston office for the summer of 2021. Please note that this position might be carried out remotely. The team’s intern will be responsible for handling a wide range of support-related tasks focused on property operating budgets for all of Cabot’s investment vehicles. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Working with third party property managers to review and input property operating budgets and five-year capital plans
· Preparing and entering abstracts for commercial leases into accounting database
· Updating Cabot’s lease and sales transaction database maintained in Excel
· Special projects for the Asset Management team, as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
· Proven record of academic performance
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
· Proficiency with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Access)
· Works effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team
· Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
· Effective problem-solving skills with ability to multi-task
· Basic finance, accounting and business knowledge is preferred
Physical/Mental/Visual Demands and Work Environment:
· The job is conducted in an office work environment, sitting most of the time and using a computer approximately 90% for this position’s duties
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cabot Properties provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability or genetics.