To provide analytical support to Choate’s Wealth Management Department and Choate Investment Advisors. Cash requests will be reviewed, entered into accounting system with proper coding and sent for approval.
· Oversee check deposit process – deposit checks at custodial bank and enter details on accounting system for both recurring and ad-hoc items.
· Work closely with custodian bank to monitor incoming wire and ACH payments and, under instruction of Trust Advisor, enter detail into accounting system for approval.
· Oversee promissory note process – includes verifying receipts are timely and recorded properly and that notes remain in balance with amortization schedules
· Assist other team members with ad-hoc and recurring cash related items including: wires, checks and ACH payments.
· Setup and processing of all proxy voting records for trust accounts and working with outside vendor to ensure all proxies are voted timely
· Maintain account and client data on accounting system. This includes statement setup, client portal setup, address changes, account/client personnel and investment details
· Reconcile cash and asset balances – involves reviewing exception reports provided by custodian bank and researching discrepancies.
· Works proactively with others to support efforts within a department or function of the Firm.
· Strong Excel skills
· Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments affecting the area of specialization.
· Uses innovative thinking and exercises sound judgment to achieve results.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred.
· 1-2 years of progressive experience within Trust Operations required.
· Superior knowledge of Trust Operation procedures and the processing of individual account transactions.
· Excellent client interaction skills.
· Must be a team player and be able to consistently meet deadlines