We’re developing the next generation of leaders
You have a fantastic opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank!
The Human Resources Associate Development Program (HRADP) is a critical program within the HR organization for cultivating versatile, early career professionals who seek to be future leaders. As part of this program, you’ll be asked to be part of something larger than yourself and participate on a journey to help colleagues reach their potential. You’ll accelerate the development of foundational communication, project management and critical thinking skills through a combination of professional development, project work, on-the-job training and business line rotations.
Experience during the program
NOTE: THIS FULL-TIME PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2023
In this one year program, you will have the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of the Human Resources function at Citizens Bank as well as excellent insight into the inner workings of a large financial institution. We will provide a robust onboarding and training process during your first few weeks which will include overviews of human resources functions across the organization led by our HR leaders. During this time, we will match you with a mentor who will help guide you throughout the year. Then, you’ll continue to gain relevant experience by completing 3 – 4 rotations which may include the following HR Functional areas: HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Development, HR Shared Services and Employee Relations.
During your HR rotations, you could be working on:
- Conducting a competitor analysis to help drive future Talent Acquisition and Employer Brand Marketing related strategies
- Building a dashboard for external market data to help support the Talent Acquisition team with market insights.
- Interpreting data and preparing materials for leadership meetings
- Conducting research and providing recommendations in areas such as colleague experience and early career development
- Building partnerships with business lines across the organization to support integration/acquisition activities
- Driving a variety of compensation related projects such as survey participation, evaluating external market competitiveness, internal equity analyses, incentive program evaluation and annual performance review process
- Developing short and long term solutions and strategies to increase diversity across the bank
- As an Associate in this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate concurrently in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program crafted to give our new colleagues a solid foundation of Citizens Bank. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- Orientation with all bank-wide development program colleagues
- Discussions with senior leaders
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Presence & Presentation)
- Networking opportunities
- Dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge where you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
Life after the program
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed in a full-time role within HR. Past graduates of the HRADP have been placed in the following roles:
- HR Relationship Manager
- Employer Brand Marketing Copywriter
- Compensation Analyst
- Campus Recruiting & Diversity Associate
- HR Associate
Further, you’ll continue to have access to a growing community of Citizens Bank development program alums that will prove invaluable throughout your entire career journey! You may also partner closely with the Program Management team on recruiting related activities as well as future program planning and design.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for self-starters, intellectually curious, excellent teammates, and strategic problem solvers.
To be successful, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and innovative thinking, able to work in a change oriented and fast paced environment, communication, drive, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building and a strategic approach. You will need to demonstrate knowledge of Human Resources and a strong passion for entering the HR field.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or other HR related major
- Expected graduation date of May 2023
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 required
- Internship or other relevant corporate exposure is preferred but not required
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday