The City of Cambridge Department of Public Works plays a critical role in ensuring that City operations meet energy efficiency, greenhouse gas reduction and sustainability goals. The Department is seeking a motivated, well-rounded individual with an eye for detail to provide analytic and program support for energy efficiency and sustainability projects in City facilities. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Collecting data and maintaining accuracy of various energy consumption databases, including MassEnergyInsight (MEI), Portfolio Manager and others.
· Analyzing data and developing reports on energy, greenhouse gas consumption and sustainability projects for facility managers and others.
· Performing research, analytic support and providing other assistance in support of energy efficiency and other sustainability projects at City facilities.
· Coordinating with City staff and external partners on intra- and interdepartmental projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· College or higher-level coursework in building sciences, environmental sciences, public policy or equivalent work experience.
· Strong interest in and understanding of environmental sustainability and energy management principles and practices.
· Experience working with large datasets and analyzing data for comprehensive, accurate reports and presentations
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and proficient at learning various software applications for data entry, manipulation and report preparation.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments to meet schedules and timelines
· Experience working effectively with diverse populations, including City staff, building occupants and students desired
· Experience and understanding of building mechanical systems preferred.
· The City of Cambridge’s workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse. Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Ability to access, input, and retrieve information at a computer several hours per day. Attend site visits, which may involve walking, bending, squatting, reaching, pulling, pushing, and climbing. General office settings with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. Work may involve site visits to other building spaces, including conditioned or unconditioned basements, attics, crawlspaces, mechanical rooms and penthouses, as well as outdoor locations in various weather and temperature conditions.
HOURS OF WORK: 19.5 hours per week; temporary 6 month position
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 4/29/21. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.