The Mayor’s Office is looking to start up our Internship Program, and is looking for motivated individuals who can assist our department with daily operations, such as:
• Deal directly with city residents
• Assist with the resolution of constituent concerns
• Answer the phone and return messages from constituents
• Interact with community members at neighborhood and city wide meetings and functions
• Draft letters, in-take mail and other administrative tasks
Mayor Rivera is seeking someone with strong interpersonal communication and listening skills; and a quick problem solving ability. Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) students are always welcome, but is not required. Preferred qualifications include:
• A completion of at least one semester of full time study at an accredited university or community college
• Demonstrate interest in government and/or a field within government
• Available soon and looking to intern for an extended amount of time
If you are interested in serving the community and building strong relationships please contact us!
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Office of Mayor Rivera
City of Lawrence, MA
200 Common Street, Room 309
Lawrence, MA 01840