The City of San Diego’s Parks and Recreation Department is seeking interns to work alongside Park Rangers in Balboa Park and in the Shoreline Parks.
Job Description (Balboa Park):
In this intern role, you will work alongside Senior Park Rangers to:
- Develop educational and interpretive programs.
- Archive historical data from Park Ranger unites.
- Learn about the history and diversity of Balboa Park.
Job Description (Shoreline Parks):
In this internship role, you will work along side Senior Park Rangers to:
- Assist in developing an educational and interpretive program about native marine mammals and coastline.
- Assisting the public with how to view the natural coastlines safely.
- Learning about the roles and responsibilities of a Park Ranger.
- Must be between the ages of 16-30
- Must be currently enrolled in college or other educational program
- Must be looking for employment
- Starting pay for this position is 17.98 (Effective July 1, 2023)
- Interns are eligible to work 40 hours during the summer and 20 hours while in school.
- For more information, email Anthony Harrington at AHarrington@sandiego.gov