In order to be considered for the role, applicants must apply through the website:https://fticonsult.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=221SX&lang=en#.YxDezxQ_EGW.mailto
About the Company:
Compass Lexecon, one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms, specializes in financial and economic analyst of issues that arise in regulatory, policy and litigation matters. Compass Lexecon has been engaged by Fortune 500 corporations, government entities, and others to assist in numerous high-profile mergers, government investigations, and private litigation matters in the United States and worldwide. Compass Lexecon provides state of the art economic research capabilities that combine the academic, private-sector, and public-sector expertise of in-house economists and academic affiliates.
About the Opportunity:
We are currently recruiting Analysts to start in the Summer of 2023. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript. Candidates should indicate which of the following opportunities they are interested in, and may select more than one:
- Boston, MA – Airlines Practice
- Boston, MA – East Coast Competition Practice
- Chicago, IL – Finance Practice
- Chicago, IL – Competition Practice
- Houston, TX – International Arbitration Practice
- Los Angeles, CA – Finance Practice
- Los Angeles, CA – Competition Practice
- New York, NY – International Arbitration Practice
- New York, NY – Finance Practice
- Oakland, CA – Competition Practice
- Washington, DC – International Arbitration Practice
- Washington, DC – East Coast Competition Practice
The Analyst position demands knowledge of, or interest in microeconomics, a broad range of research skills, and the ability to perform quantitative analysis. Analysts work with case teams – interacting closely with other analysts, economists, and case supervisors – in nearly all aspects of project work including a variety of quantitative and qualitative tasks, such as: a) data gathering and analysis, including spreadsheet modelling and regression analysis; b) industry research; c) review of analyst reports and business documents produced in litigation; d) production of expert report, government filings, and client presentations; e) ensuring the quality of all work product.
Research and Analysis
- Collects specific information (quantitative and qualitative) from identified sources as instructed by supervisors.
- Utilizes appropriate resources (e.g., Internet, library, subscription services, colleagues, etc.) to identify the range of sources of relevant information, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Identifies, collects and communicates relevant information (e.g., price; included and excluded information; dates of coverage, etc.).
- Interprets collected information so that it can be used by economists and case supervisors in the preparation of their expert reports and analyses.
- Successfully expands scope of research as suggested by supervisors.
- Executes projects (qualitative and quantitative) as instructed by, and communicates actions to, supervisors.
- Successfully incorporates modifications to projects and analyses as requested by supervisors.
- Identifies and communicates data, information and/or inconsistencies to supervisors.
- Utilizes case-specific documents (e.g., depositions, trial transcripts, expert reports, produced documents, etc.) to identify information specified by supervisors.
- Summarizes and extracts information relevant to the arguments of the case from case specific documents.
- Analyzes data used in client projects when asked by supervisors.
- Formulates and utilizes basic data modeling as requested by supervisors.
- Effectively creates, organizes and maintains document lists and other methods for internal document management.
- Effectively documents research and analyses to facilitate communication of progress.
Work Product Preparation
- Creates and organizes documentation and backup of work product in hard copy or electronic file format utilizing Sharepoint document management software.
- Customizes client folders using Sharepoint document management software.
- Produces graphical or tabular exhibits using a PC software applications or programming on the mainframe.
- Proofreads and identifies errors in charts, tables and other work products.
- Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree in an analytical field.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills.
- Interest in Economics, finance, statistical programming, and data analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently, and as part of a team.
- Significant coursework in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Introductory knowledge of Stata, SAS, or other statistical software.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to operate in a fast-paced office environment, completing multiple tasks on tight deadlines with close attention to detail.
Position classification: Non-Exempt
Compensation and benefits are competitive with other major economic consulting firms.
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled.