HIRING FOR JUNE 2021.
A boutique immigration law firm is seeking a paralegal to support partners and associates with a very busy practice and high-end clientele. We work with prominent individual clients, corporations, and agencies in the media, advertising, technology, film, television, design, and fashion industries. The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional, and simultaneously hardworking and easygoing. Laser-like attention to detail, a good sense of humor, and phenomenal ability to multitask are a must. We are looking for someone who is serious about their work but does not take themselves too seriously.
Under the supervision of an attorney, the paralegal will assist in preparing and filing petitions and applications for submission to US Citizenship & Immigration Services and the Department of Labor. Daily client contact will be a large part of the job. No legal experience is necessary; we will train the right applicant. We expect a commitment of at least one year.
· Immigration experience preferred but we will train the right candidate;
· Experience in an office environment;
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· Ability to independently handle multiple priorities and deadlines while simultaneously functioning smoothly as part of a team in a close-knit environment;
· Impeccable writing, organizational, and communication skills are a MUST;
· Superhuman attention to details and ability to take initiative;
· Strong customer-service skills and ability to deal with demanding personalities;
· Sense of humor and a friendly attitude.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 page writing sample to the attention of M. Paola Calero. In your cover letter, please also include a description of your favorite travel experience as well as salary requirements. Applications without cover letters or missing salary requirements will be discarded. The cover letter is an integral part of our review process, and so a well-crafted and thoughtful letter explaining why you are interested in the position and how you qualify will be appreciated.
WORK LOCATION: Please note this position will be remote 3 days per week, and 2 days in person at our NYC office. Our office is following all COVID 19 safety regulations and protocols to ensure our staff’s safety.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Competitive salary, 100% paid medical, flexible spending account, commuter benefit plan, 401(k), generous vacation package, and more.
NOTE: Phone inquiries will not be accepted and will disqualify candidates from consideration.