COPYEDITING & COPYWRITING
The Shark Group is a Marketing Consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world-class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
With over 30 years in the licensing industry focusing on brand extensions, the Shark Group has developed multi-million-dollar programs with major fashion brands. Our powerful network of strategic partners- maintained at the senior level of our business-cross industries including apparel, electronics, sports, publishing, beverages, accessories, footwear, and entertainment.
As an intern you will work on proofreading video captioning, writing scripts for videos, writing press releases and creating captions.
The copyediting and copywriting intern will begin the editing process by fixing any grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors. They will also double check that names, places and organizations are spelled properly and that facts, dates and statistics are accurate. This may include contacting video editors and conducting online research. The intern will also write headlines for press releases and videos.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Enrollment in an accredited university
- English, Creative Writing or Journalism major
- Strong attention to detail, and an eye for design and layout
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and take initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines in a high-intensity setting
- Personable and comfortable in the presence of celebrities and top executives
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
Responsibilities/ Projects/ Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of the duties and responsibilities in this role include:
- Proofreading video captions and press releases
- Editing a variety of social media-based video captions that will shape our overall brand experience
- Writing scripts for various video projects including videos filmed on a teleprompter
- Writing press releases
- Assisting with requests from different departments
- Aid multiple departments in creative development where appropriate to channel creative skills
- Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university and able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group
- Must provide an official school letter acknowledging proof of enrollment and eligibility
- All internships will be remote, candidates must have access to working wifi and a computer/ laptop
This is an unpaid internship; however, a $10 daily travel stipend will be provided.
The Shark Group is in compliance with all State and Federal labor laws and guidelines.