The Shark Group is a Marketing Consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world-class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business reality show Shark Tank. With a foothold in corporate America, an active impact on popular culture, and an unparalleled network of social influence, talent representation fits naturally into our capabilities. The Shark Group’s Speaking Division represents a thoughtfully curated collection of public speakers; all of whom are leaders in their respective spaces.
As an intern within the Speaking division you will gain behind the scenes experience with one of the top ten most booked speakers in the country, Daymond John! Our interns have the ability to attend a speaking engagement and see Daymond present in front of a live audience in the New York or New Jersey area. They will also have the opportunity to speak with Daymond and ask questions at an intern exclusive luncheon. You will work directly with the speaking team developing your knowledge of public speaking while strengthening your communication, organizational and strategic planning skills.
Responsibilities / Projects / Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects, assignments and events throughout the course of their internship, all in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
- Support Head of Speaking and Events Director in the planning and execution of successful speaking engagements
- Conduct research on speaking engagements, conferences, expos, and other
- events relative to entrepreneurs, public speaking and branding
- Develop your knowledge of public speaking, as well as strengthen creative thinking and communication skills
- Collect and monitor information on social media platforms such as client testimonials, upcoming engagements or events, etc.
- Work with speaking division in creating documents such as itineraries, event information, contracts etc., improving business writing skills.
- Present and or speak in public to staff, groups and fellow interns (optional)
- Collaborate on a group project (TBA) with fellow interns in different departments
Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Be able to conduct research, synthesize findings in a succinct report
- Personable and comfortable in the presence of celebrities and top executives
- Highly functional computing and social media skills, and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with knowledge of both MAC and PC platforms
- Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to take constructive criticism, channeling such feedback for positive professional growth
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university and able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group
- Must provide an official school letter acknowledging proof of enrollment and eligibility
- All internships will be remote, candidates must have access to working wifi and a computer/ laptop
This is an unpaid internship; however, a $10 daily travel stipend will be provided.
The Shark Group is in compliance with all State and Federal labor laws and guidelines.