Please submit a formal application using this link: https://deloitteus.avature.net/su/240f2dddb398784d
Intern – GPS Engagement Financial Advisors
GPS EFA Practice:
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA) Practice is comprised of finance professionals specializing in project and account financial management serving as a focal point for aspects of engagement, program, and account financial management control.
EFAs provide financial management knowledge for the entire engagement management team(s) by owning all financial reporting and analysis for engagements and accounts. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts. GPS EFAs specialize in serving Deloitte’s Higher Education, federal, state and local government clients.
The Government and Public Services consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process and technology and Government & Public Services industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Work You Will Do:
GPS EFA Interns are responsible for supporting one or more engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and the implementation of engagement financial management controls. On any given assignment, a GPS Intern EFA may be responsible for the following activities:
- Assist project leadership by preparing budgets and forecasts and reviewing baselines to project and track financial metrics such as revenue, costs, and profitability.
- Take part in lifecycle of engagements including set up, revenue recognition and compliance, monthly accounting close, monitor funding, process vendor invoices, support procurement and billing/collection activities, and facilitate engagement closeout.
- Interact periodically with senior level internal, and sometimes external, clients to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide engagement financial advice.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, Federal regulations and guidelines and contractual requirements
- Additional financial analyses including reconciliations and variance analyses
- Understand and utilize standard processes for engagement financial management, quality management, and risk management
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall GPS EFA Practice through active involvement in a practice initiative
Our GPS EFA practice supports engagement teams in defining requirements we sign up to in our contracts. We help to define staffing and other forecast items in as much detail as possible using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for engagements’ phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients’ projects on track and on cost.
- We are seeking junior standing undergraduate candidates who have demonstrated exceptional performance in these or other related majors: Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Business Management
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs: Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Attention to detail and timeliness in delivering on commitments
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- The start date for this position will be in 2023
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred)
- Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.