The Derry Police Department has IMMEDIATE openings for Police Officers.
Our hiring process begins with an open testing opportunity consisting of a physical agility test and a written examination. Testing is conducted on an on-going basis.
Current Full-Time NH Certified Police Officers are encouraged to apply and are exempt from the written exam.
STARTING PAY: The annual base pay to start is between $50,552.23 – $62,258.45, depending on years of experience.
EXPERIENCE: No experience is required, and you’ll receive full pay while you participate in our extensive training program.
SCHEDULE: Shift work, 4 days on/2 days off
BENEFITS: Benefits provided by the Town are described in the Derry Police Patrolman’s Association Collective Bargaining Agreement, and include:
- Paid Time Off – 25 days accrue annually from your date of hire
- Holidays – 10 paid days annually
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance – 70% of your base pay for 26 weeks for an injury or illness outside of work
- Life Insurance Policy at no cost to you
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan through NH Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement up to 100% for pre-approved courses
PROCEDURES: Complete details and application instructions are available in the following packets.
Download and complete the appropriate packet, and return it to:
Derry Police Department, 1 Municipal Drive, Derry, NH 03038
The sooner you apply, the sooner you can get started on an exciting career with a busy, proactive Police Department!
CONTACT: Inquiries about the hiring process should be directed to Lt. David Michaud, at (603) 845-5645.