Discovery’s Veterans Internship Program is designed to support an education curriculum – with a focus on developing practical experience. Eligible applicants must be US military veterans who have been discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States. They must also be actively enrolled in a college or university program with a 3.0+ GPA. Must have legal right to work in the United States.
This paid, 12-week internship opportunity is designed to provide veterans firsthand experience working in a global media company, translating the valuable skills they developed in the military to support a successful and rewarding career.
Through this program, veterans will gain valuable industry knowledge through work shadowing, networking opportunities, and hands-on training. This program hopes to serve as a vital source for building a qualified candidate pool to fill permanent positions at Discovery and across our industry.
With respect to scheduling challenges of active students and/or competing for work schedules, this program provides flexibility, to allow veteran students to concurrently pursue their education.
Opportunities are available in the following departments:
-Accounting and Finance
-Business & Legal Affairs
-Communications & Public Relations
-Creative & Design
-Engineering & Media Technology
-Insights & Research
-Process & Operations
-TV Programming & Scheduling
Based on your experience and interests, we will place you in a department that aligns with your career interests and goals.
Please note that we are open to hosting interns remotely at a number of our offices across the USA. Although our Veterans Internship Program will be completely remote in the spring and potentially remote during the summer, please be aware that interns will be expected to work in the time zone of their manager.
- Must be a discharged US military veteran
- Must be currently enrolled in school (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
- Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
More About the Intern Program
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first-hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns– both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events, and professional seminars– and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! Last year, we were voted into Vault’s 2020 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Real-world entertainment industry immersion. Be ready to dive into real-time projects with employees on your team.
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture with office spaces and opportunities to match