We are looking for a full-time or part-time Fall intern to assist us this semester. As an intern you will get to experience all aspects of public relations by working directly with each employee at DPA on a wide range of clients. We’re a small, busy agency and our interns are considered part of the team. Interns should be hungry to learn about the PR profession, the importance of teamwork, the technologies/vendors used that are critical to our clients, the industries we serve, and DPA’s business.
Interns preferably are in their junior or senior year of college and have relevant course work in public relations. Essential credentials include time management and organizational skills. Interns are expected to be reliable members of our team. Strong written and verbal communications as well as excellent interpersonal skills are also required. Interns should also be proficient in Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and be knowledgeable about social media. Interns are expected to have their own laptop to work from that has Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) on it.
· Provide essential public relations support to account teams, including administration and research tasks
· Help draft press releases, media advisories and pitches for media
· General research as designated by team members
· Help come up with social media content
· Create and work to keep all media lists up-to-date; become proficient in Cision
· Participate in client calls and meetings, as appropriate
· Do research for potential new clients and new business proposals
· Scan publications for relevant articles, including client, industry and competitive information and share relevant hits with team members; create electronic clips/folders to track clippings
· Help draft and distribute client weekly agendas for calls, status reports and media coverage reports (aka “monthly reports”)