Information Technology is the key enabler for Electric Insurance Company to compete in the Insurance Marketplace. IT is a strong area of focus and investment across the company. This program is designed to attract high-potential candidates with a passion and aptitude for technology and to further develop their technical, leadership and business skills as they transition from academia to the working world.
The mission of Information Technology Development Program (ITDP) is to develop a leadership talent pipeline for our world-class IT organization. ITDP accelerates development of entry-level talent and produces leaders capable of meeting the challenges facing the IT function at Electric Insurance. The full-time ITDP program is a two-year program including four challenging six-month assignments and formal leadership and technical training. The job assignments and training are designed to provide hands-on IT experience on Electric Insurance’s strategic business initiatives.
Upon successful completion of the program, ITDPs are placed in a professional level job assignment commensurate with both their interests and technical leadership abilities. The balance between our size and product diversity sets this opportunity apart from many of our competitors in that individuals in the program will see the immediate impact of their work directly tied to business results.
Possible rotational assignments/internship assignments may include:
– Application Development
– Data Warehousing
– Analytical Reporting
– Quality Assurance
– Business Analysis
– Infrastructure Management
– Enterprise Security
All Candidates for the program are interviewed by Senior Management and finalists will be interviewed by the CIO.
– A minimum of a four-year technical degree in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business
– GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
– Major in CIS, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Resource Management, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Systems Engineering, Technology-related major
– Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in technology
– A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for IT
– Strong analytical and technical skills
– Demonstrated problem solving abilities
– Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
– Relevant coursework in IT-related disciplines
– Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
– General business / finance understanding