Congratulations on exploring your career opportunities with FAST and taking the first step to becoming a FASTie! A FASTie? Yes, a FASTie.
FAST-ie ’faeste noun
1. an energetic, intelligent, enthusiastic person who works at Fast Enterprises.
2. a person dedicated to modernizing government technology to better serve the general public.
3. someone who is open to adventure and wants to experience new places around the world.
4. someone who enjoys collaboration with clients and camaraderie with teammates while solving business and technology problems.
If the description below speaks to you, take 5 minutes (seriously, only 5 minutes) to apply!
Fast Enterprises LLC (FAST) offers large-scale 3-tier proprietary software and information technology consulting services for government agencies. One of FAST’s primary implementations is GenTax®, the commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) integrated software solution used by agencies that serve more than one-third of the population of Canada and the United States.
When you join FAST you’ll be part of a team that delivers quality customer service and superior solutions that are on time and on budget. Each project delivers the GenTax® software product in the same domain; however the nature of the project varies substantially based on the client’s requirements, infrastructure, staff, timelines, etc.
As a Technical Team Member, you will have the opportunity to consult and collaborate with our clients to understand their unique business processes, objectives and requirements, empowering them to use the FAST software to maximize productivity, improve customer service, and achieve operational objectives. You will work alongside an experienced Technical Lead where you will perform key daily activities that will contribute to project success and lead to your advancement to the Technical Lead role on future projects. We have sites across North America and abroad and candidates should be flexible with respect to work locations.
Technical Team Responsibilities
- Provide technical representation on a project team from definition through delivery and continuing via ongoing support
- Support Project Management in the definition and technical validation of delivery schedules and plans
- Ensure consistent and regular reviews of progress and escalation of any risks or deviations from the plan with recommendations and mitigation strategies, as appropriate
- Infrastructure specification and procurement
- Setup, configure and maintain n-tier environments, including: Web servers, Application servers, and Database servers
- Application troubleshooting
- Server optimization and performance tuning of code and SQL
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Security design, compliance and reviews
- On-Call support
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MS Visual Basic.Net or equivalent development language experience
- Open to relocation
- Structured Query Language (SQL) experience
- Database administration skills
- Server administration experience
- Network knowledge
- Security and compliance experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
FAST is an equal opportunity employer.