Special Executions Group – Analyst
The Special Executions Group (“SpecialX”) brings a differentiated level of financial execution expertise to FT Partners. Comprised of a global team of investment bankers with deep financial skills and backgrounds in consulting, SpecialX helps to drive focus on financial excellence in connection with all our deals.
SpecialX bankers help craft and validate the overall financial strategy in connection with M&A transactions, perform data analytics in support of key business & economic trends, and spearhead modeling excellence & validation of critical growth initiatives. SpecialX bankers centralize FT Partners’ core financial expertise, ensuring consistency across deals and execution success for all our clients.
SpecialX Analyst responsibilities include:
- Broad ownership and collaboration on financial execution and modeling across all deals.
- Development and execution of specific financial strategy and positioning for deals.
- Identification and critical analysis of financial trends driving future deal value and mitigating risk.
- Data analytics and financial modeling, including analysis of cohort trends and other data supporting critical deal issues.
- Preparation of pivot tables, charts, and PowerPoint reports to present results of analyses performed.
- Developing and disseminating critical best practices to ensure financial excellence across all deals.
- Research and presentation of analyses to a broad audience of internal and external stakeholders, requiring excellent communication skills.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- 1 – 4 years of Big 4 work experience strongly preferred
- Transaction Advisory / M&A experience preferred
- Top performance rating within peer group
- FinTech, Software & Technology, or Financial Services experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Data analytics skills (PowerPivot / Alteryx / Tableau / SQL, etc.) preferred
- Strong Excel skills required
- Finance or accounting degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 3.5 GPA required
- 2000 SAT / 30 ACT strongly preferred
- Permanent US work authorization required
Business and Technical Skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytic ability
- Strong quantitative and technical accounting skills (e.g. financial due diligence, advanced Excel skills)
- Strong data analytics and research skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Prepares high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Able to collaborate across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Builds trust in relationships with all team members
- High-level of engagement and commitment to firm’s goals and organizational success
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
Financial Technology Partners is one of the most successful boutique investment banks on Wall Street. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in New York and London, FT Partners has advised on some of the most meaningful transactions in the high-growth Financial Technology sector in recent years. We offer a full suite of financial and strategic advisory services, including merger and acquisition advisory, private capital raising and capital markets advisory. The Financial Technology sector is a dynamic industry that encompasses the convergence of financial services and technology. We are a 70+ person firm that prides itself on having an extremely collegial and energetic culture. Every member of the organization is expected to meaningfully contribute to the firm’s success. Senior bankers at the firm are formerly of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Raymond James, and Evercore. Learn more about us at www.ftpartners.com.
Selected transactions include advising:
- Heartland Payments in its $4.5 billion sale to Global Payments (NYSE: GPN)
- Assurance IQ in its $3.5 billion sale to Prudential (NYSE: PRU)
- Mercury Payment in its $2.0 billion sale to Vantiv (NYSE:VNTV)
- SquareTrade in its $1.4 billion sale to Allstate (NYSE:ALL)
- Finicity in its $985 million sale to Mastercard (NYSE: MA)
- Interswitch in its $200 million minority investment led by Visa
- Checkout.com in its $230 million minority investment from Insight, DST, GIC, and others
- CardConnect in its $750 million sale to First Data (NYSE:FDC)
- GreenSky in its $300 million minority investment led by DST, TPG, Wellington Management, and Iconiq
- Instamed in its $500+ million sale to JP Morgan (NYSE: JPM)
- BlueVine in its $102 million minority investment led by ION
- Stone in its $1.4 bn IPO
- FleetOne in its $369mm sale to WEX (NYSE:WEX)
- AvidXchange in its $300 million financing from MasterCard (NYSE:MA), CDPQ, Temasek and Peter Thiel
- Automated Trading Desk in its $680 million sale to Citigroup (NYSE:C)
- Custom House Ltd. in its $370 million sale to Western Union (NYSE:WU)
- Addepar in its $140 million financing from Valor Equity Partners, 8VC and Harald McPike
- Automatic in its $115 million sale to SiriusXM (NASDAQ: SIRI)
- GoCardless in its $75 million minority investment from Adams Street Partners and Google Ventures
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team