From offices strategically located in the world’s principal financial centers, Fried Frank serves as counsel to many of the world’s largest companies, financial institutions and investment firms. We are recognized for our ability to deploy well-configured, cross-border teams that provide the depth of knowledge, breadth of experience and responsive service that clients require to meet their critical business objectives. The New York office, the Firm’s oldest and largest, concentrates on antitrust and competition, asset management, restructuring and insolvency, capital markets, commercial litigation, executive compensation & ERISA, finance, intellectual property and technology, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, real estate, securities and shareholder litigation, tax, trusts and estates, and white-collar criminal defense and securities enforcement.
We have an opening for a Financial Services Paralegal position with a potential start date in Summer 2022. Our team works primarily with derivatives and structured products to meet the needs of investment banks, asset management firms and other financial institutions, analyzing economic information to create documents that provide the basis for our clients’ businesses. Led by a distinguished partner who has been consistently recognized as a leading lawyer in his area of expertise by independent commentators such as Chambers Global and Chambers USA who ranked him Band 1 in both Capital Markets: Derivatives – USA Nationwide and Capital Markets: Structured Products – USA Nationwide, our group has been recognized as “one of the best derivatives practices in the country, without a shadow of a doubt” by Chambers USA, making the paralegal position an ideal opportunity for someone with a keen interest in law or finance.
In particular, our paralegals enjoy a broad range of responsibilities including performing research, drafting documents, and assisting with the preparation and filing of transactional documents. Our workplace is fast-paced and team-oriented, providing an engaging environment on a daily basis. Further, our small group size allows for paralegals to function in a client-facing role and work closely with attorneys to deliver the highest caliber of legal representation to our clients. Consequently, our paralegals gain significant exposure to professionals in the fields of securities law, tax law, equity derivative sales, securities trading, and asset management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft deal documents for clients by conducting market research and incorporating economic terms
- Communicate regularly with clients and other legal counsels regarding outstanding deals
- Handle the filing of deals with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Maintain detailed records of client deal history and assume responsibility for crucial administrative duties relating to those records
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college/university (preferably in Economics, Finance or other related fields); minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an interest in financial markets
- Capacity to work in a team setting and perform tasks/projects independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of VBA and/or experience with Bloomberg Terminal or other programming languages is a plus but not required
- Availability/Flexibility to work a considerable amount of overtime and make an approximately 2-year commitment
- Interest in pursuing law school or a career in law/finance is a plus