The Friends Forever International AmeriCorps VISTA will serve towards three primary goals: developing our domestic program for American teens, marketing our programs to potential participants in New Hampshire, and developing our volunteer program. The VISTA member will help serve low-income communities by following the domestic program from plan to action. They will identify partner organizations in lower socioeconomic communities, build connections, help build a program schedule, make and execute a plan for youth recruitment. They will also help with overall curriculum development and help to develop systems for monitoring and sharing results of the program. The VISTA will help strengthen our volunteer program by coordinating volunteer days, assisting in the creation and update of training materials, and tracking systems for our volunteers.
As FFI continues into a stage of rapid growth responding to the increasing need for our programs, the VISTA’s capacity-building assistance, particularly in the areas noted, will help us to maintain the quality of our programs while bringing them to a wider audience.
Key Service Activities Include:
- Volunteer Cultivation
- Partnership Development
- Program Development
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Preferred:
- Experience with curriculum development
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office and database management.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, professional demeanor & decorum.
- Demonstrated careful attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness and initiative; able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Systems Management