Systemax has a 70-year track record of market-leading innovation. Founded in 1949 as a small material handling company, we’ve grown to be an industry leader with over 1.7 million products in 21 industrial and commercial categories. At our core, we believe in embracing new ideas, teamwork, accountability, and treating our associates the way we want them to treat our customers. Global Industrial is a subsidiary of Systemax and represents the largest part of the Systemax family.
An internship with Global Industrial is an exciting way to make meaningful contributions to the company’s success, while being able to apply the skills that you’ve gained through your previous coursework and experiences. Over the duration of this 8-week program, you will have the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the company culture and work alongside team members of all levels and fellow interns across a variety of departments. You will undertake a stimulating project directly related to your department, which will give you the type of hands-on experience that can’t be gained in the classroom.
To foster a memorable and productive summer, interns will be given the opportunity to attend networking and social events, listen in on speakers from across the business, and give back to the community through volunteer opportunities. You will further enhance your skills and knowledge about the business, while forming relationships that will continue long after the program comes to an end. You will walk away from this 8-week internship with a greater understanding of the company and with the confidence in knowing that your hard work makes an impact much larger than you imagined.
The intern in this role will provide support on various internal and external projects, including building out lab work, documenting evaluations, and working collaboratively with team members to test and improve existing products. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about the inner workings of the Product Development team, as well as gain a valuable, hands-on experience in the field.
- Execute challenging assignments, collaborate with teams outside of Product Development, and present your findings to our leadership team
- Work directly with product development teams providing hands-on assistance and project guidance
- Assist in lab work and utilize strong analytical skills
- Prepare and deliver summary presentations of work to management
- Use analytical skills effectively to solve complex problems
· Pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or business
· Related experience in good business acumen
· Working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong organization, time management and writing skills.
- PM certification and skills in autoCAD are a plus.