While our main office locations are in New York and Washington, DC, candidates in other locations are also encouraged to apply.
Global Strategy Group is looking for an Intern to support our Marketing and Business Development team, which focuses on new business and marketing initiatives.
Our internships are designed for rising college seniors or recent graduates who are motivated to jump in and take a hands-on approach to learn about the work we do for our clients. Ideal candidates will be available to start in the Fall session and continue on through the Spring.
Throughout your internship with GSG, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a bustling agency while contributing valuable work to the team. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details. GSG Interns are expected to be open-minded, ambitious, and professional!
As a GSG Marketing and Business Development Intern, you will assist the team as they respond to new business opportunities, as well as with GSG’s external marketing communications and brand visibility efforts.
Our Fall Interns must be able to commit to 20 hours per week. This is a paid internship.
As the Marketing and Business Development Intern, you will be responsible to:
- Perform extensive background research around potential new business clients and opportunities
- Draft new business emails, pitch decks, and other materials
- Assist with GSG social media content
- Manage marketing event and database lists
- Help coordinate and prepare external marketing events
- Assist with special marketing and new business research projects
- You are motivated and responsible, a natural self-starter, and someone who can execute strong work with minimal direction
- You work quickly and efficiently and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details
- You have a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- You have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, in addition to general office administrative skills
- You are proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, operating in an Outlook & PC world
- You have strong interpersonal skills, you are organized, and you can prioritize and multi-task well
- You are comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team
- You are comfortable talking on the phone with vendors, colleagues, and media. You’re ready to reach out to a complete stranger to get the necessary information!
- You are familiar with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other cutting-edge outlets, and have a sense of best practices within these spaces.
- You have some bonus tools in your back pocket, such as experience and familiarity with CRM and/or database platforms. These are not required, but certainly a plus!
Apply now if this sounds like the opportunity for YOU!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.