We recently reached Goaloop’s beta launch and are gearing up for an exciting year ahead! Join us and become important members of our small, innovative team. We are seeking two Software Developer Interns to work with our Chief Information Officer, who received his PhD in Computer Science from Columbia University, and our expert hands-on Director of Engineering, who has been a hands-on developer for 24 years.
Got a goal? Goaloop it! State your goal on Goaloop, and people and resources appear to help you achieve it. Goaloop helps you reach your goals and connects the world through goals. If your goal is to learn the piano, you’ll see goals to teach the piano. Connecting goals expands social circles and increases commercial opportunities. Connecting goals, we can achieve anything together!
Individual goals connect on Goaloop to form the world’s Goal Market®, where goals and money meet, and more. Goals are the common denominator among all productivity. Funding is optional on Goaloop; 10% of goals set to date are seeking funding. Goaloop has been called “fun,” “addictive,” “a new model for supply-and-demand,” and “revolutionary.”
Many on our team have connections to Columbia University. We are a small, growing team, located close to Columbia’s main campus in Manhattan. We welcome great candidates near and far; working remotely is an option — we come together for team meetings, in person and online, depending on your location.
Milestones to date:
– Developed sophisticated technology and launched beta of global platform, live at goaloop.com
– Goaloop is patent pending
– Raised $1.3 Million to date
– Exceptional team and Advisory Board
– We are an Astia company
– Our launch partners include the YWCA of NYC, The Rao Institute, and Ellevate (formerly 85 Broads)
– Our IP Portfolio includes several registered trademarks, including:
– Connecting the world through goals
– The Goal Market
– The Goal Engine
– The Goal Network
– Get found and find others based on goals
– Where goals and money meet
– We’re banking on your goals
– Reach and market your full potential
– The Goal Index – Got a goal?
– Swing – Logos (3 design marks)
– We have a Co-Existence Agreement with Google
– We are launching with two revenue streams
Fall and Spring semester internships are usually on a part-time basis while Summer and Winter internships are usually full-time, however, we are committed to involving students and graduates who are a great match and we remain open to flex schedules. Join us and become an important member of our innovative and determined team!
You’ll find more information on our social media accounts, and we were featured pre-launch within IBM’s Center for Applied Insights: Discover and apply new ideas.
Desired Skills & Experience
We are partial to candidates with the following experience but remain open to all ambitious engineering/computer science students and graduates:
1-3 years hands-on core java, XML
J2EE experience is a huge plus, as is:
1-2 years working knowledge of mysql
Any front-end development experience
Experience with real life production environments
Experience with build, deployment and support
Able to debug server problems and propose solutions
A great team-player
Passionate about Goaloop and connecting the world through goals!