Govern For America is hiring a Partnership Development Manager to join our team. The Partnership Development Manager is a key member of the GFA team who will be responsible for developing and implementing GFA’s government partnership strategy and supporting GFA’s funder engagement strategy. Reporting directly to the COO, the Partnership Development Manager will develop strategy and systems to track progress towards goals, manage relationships with potential government and public sector partners, work with the Recruiting & Selection Manager to ensure successful matches between government roles and Fellowship applicants and secure Fellowship spots in mission-aligned partner agencies, and work with the CEO to develop innovative fundraising initiatives, communicate with current and prospective donors, and maintain records in GFA’s development database. .
Govern For America Overview
Govern For America is a non-profit startup working to build the next generation of public sector leaders. Through a two-year paid Fellowship, we recruit, train, inspire, and empower recent graduates to dismantle systemic inequities, build more inclusive public systems, and create a more effective government. We imagine a world where our most dynamic young leaders see government as an avenue for meaningful change, and our governments reflect the values and diversity of our nation. GFA believes that by engaging America’s top talent, we can better meet the needs of all residents while revitalizing public service as an attractive career path for recent graduates and building a diverse leadership pipeline into government.
At Govern for America we are committed to supporting leaders and building systems that seek and embrace diversity, foster an environment of inclusion, and pursue equity. We believe that differences in backgrounds, lived experiences, perspectives, and identities contribute to stronger teams and more effective institutions. In our work and the GFA fellow community, we value and seek out diversity across multiple dimensions, including but not limited to race, color, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, disability status, and age.
The Partnership Development Manager is responsible for the growth of GFA’s Fellowship into mission-aligned government partners. Working with the COO to set the strategy for the coming year’s placements, they will execute on that strategy by reaching out to potential partners, pitching them on the program, and getting to yes with the right partners. Core responsibilities include:
Strategy & Coordination
- With COO, develop government partnership strategy that will guide GFA’s partnership choices
- Work closely with the Recruiting & Selection Manager to ensure that the roles we have and applicants who are applying are fits
- Work closely with Recruiting & Selection Manager to perform Fellowship matching
- Propose and grow their own projects to advance the mission
Research & Analysis
- Identify, analyze and propose grant opportunities and innovative revenue streams
- Perform donor research
Data & Systems Management
- Support GFA’s data migration into Salesforce
- Manage donor pipeline tracking
- Develop logical tracking and relationship management system in Salesforce
- Develop partnership with government (state and Federal) agencies to expand Fellowship placements
- Maintain relationships with current partners to assess their fit and interest in continued partnership with GFA
- Develop, maintain, and track partnerships with other organizations for cross-promotion and collaboration opportunities to support the GFA partnership ecosystem
- Make recommendations to improve GFA’s donor engagement strategy
- Create donor communications and collateral
- Support update of website and design collateral for government partners
- Data analysis skills – proficiency with Excel, Google Sheets
- Strategic thinking
- Able to navigate competing priorities/deadlines
- Ability to follow systems
- Successful record of relationship cultivation and management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Government experience
- Persistent, doesn’t mind being ignored and repinging
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter/able to work independently with minimal supervision/instruction
- A commitment to GFA’s mission and a familiarity with GFA’s work
- Sales/networking/admissions experience
- 2+ years of government experience
- Graphic design experience
- Experience with CRM or other database management; Salesforce preferred
- Fundraising experience
You Belong At GFA If…
- You believe in the value of public service and the power of government as an avenue for meaningful change in our society.
- You are passionate about building a diverse leadership pipeline into government and believe that talented and committed people can strengthen our public institutions to foster inclusion, promote equity, and better serve everyone in our country.
- You are a creative thinker, collaborative problem-solver, and an energetic doer who is committed to doing what it takes to build a transformative new organization
- You are a self-starter and a team player who is excited to join and build a growing, highly motivated, and creative team.
- You are passionate about turning ideas into action and ask compelling questions that help your team focus on what matters most.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is $55,000. We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Unlimited vacation and sick days with approval from a manager
- PTO for all major holidays plus a company-wide 1-week winter holiday, 1-week summer holiday
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Opt-in long term disability
- Opt-in retirement savings
To apply for this position please send an email to Kyleigh Russ, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com. Make the subject of your email: [Your Name]: Partnership Development Manager Application. In the email, please include:
- A cover letter and resume clearly labeled with your name and “Partnership Development Manager Application”
- A cover letter and resume that you have removed your name and email from and saved as “Partnership Development Manager Application”.
We will begin reviewing applications on June 24th. Candidates selected to move forward in the process will be invited to complete a brief job simulation. The final stage in the selection process will consist of 1-2 virtual interviews beginning the weeks of July 12th and July 19th.
Currently, the GFA team works from home and will be remote until further notice. While GFA is headquartered in New York City, this position is not tied to a specific location. Applicants must be able to start work on or before August 9th, 2021.