Individuals who are successful Planning Associates role are part psychologists, part scientists, part artists, part entrepreneurs, and part politicians. The Planning team strategizes how brands should communicate with people across the myriad of media channels and how to do that differently from every other brand.
Overview of Job:
The Planning Associate works in support of the Media Planner and Manager to implement the brand’s tactical plan on a day-to-day basis. This is an entry-level position providing support to the planning team while learning through established training programs and on-the-job training. This position involves developing the details of the tactical plan and, working with the implementation groups, initiating and maintaining the implementation of those details. To be successful in this role, we expect you to be a team player who has strong communication skills with a positive attitude.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Planners and Supervisors with the necessary data to make media recommendations and supply substantiated backup information to justify those recommendations
- Assist in the development of media plans that specify which forms of media will be used to effectively reach the target audience
- Provide maintenance for a media plan once it has been implemented, oversee the launch process and liaise with internal and external partners as required
- Responsible for all media plan entry into DB, coordinate with internal/external teams for all campaigns
- Compile and analyze post analysis data and evaluate site proposals; execute various types of competitive analysis
- Pull research to support the development of media objectives, strategies and tactics including, MRI/Simmons, Adviews, @Plan, Comscore, Ad Relevance and DART
- Review industry trades for new sites, innovative and creative ad units and technologies as well as competitive information
- Update and maintain flowcharts and archives
What you will need:
- Able to work successfully within a team and independently
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize are what you’re known for
- Details excite you and you’re able to remember the small things and make sure they’re accounted for
- Able to produce high quality work within a fast-paced dynamic environment
- You are adept and confident in working with budgets and numbers
What you’ve already accomplished:
- Although no media planning experience is required, an internship with an advertising/media agency is a plus
- You’re a guru when it comes to communicating ideas and can write in a clear and concise manner
- You have a high level of comfort and proficiency with Microsoft Office (advanced proficiency with Excel is preferred)
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment, and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/368027
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.