Hachette Book Group is seeking a Sales Assistant who will support the Amazon sales team’s day to day needs. This role is part of a dynamic team responsible for bringing HBG books to the marketplace and is an opportunity to learn about online sales from the ground up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and distribute daily and weekly reports for the Amazon sales team (daily order reports, weekly publicity and inventory reports)
- Monitor Amazon order traffic and assist in order maintenance
- Assist Amazon team with catalog and website maintenance, including:
- Detail page enhancements
- Monitor/address metadata inaccuracies and cover issues
- Troubleshoot availability and catalog issues
- Support Amazon team for regular sales meetings by providing reporting and data as needed
- Handle galley mailings and account outreach for sales materials
- Create key title presentations/catalogs/other sales materials for account meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be detail oriented and capable to perform multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced proficiency in Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with numbers
- Ability to take initiative and support a team in a busy work environment
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with accounts, clients, and upper management
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $45,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.