The primary function of the Special Markets Assistant is to support the Special Markets sales team through administrative tasks, customer service, and account support in all sales channels. The Special Markets department is responsible for selling books to non-traditional channels, such as specialty retailer shops, catalogs, corporations, subscription boxes, wholesalers, and more by providing customer service, administrative support and account research
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general administrative support
- Provides customer service for existing and new accounts, including questions on inventory, pricing, title information, and order tracking
- Process orders on a daily basis
- Setting up new accounts in the HBG system by sending out credit applications, discount schedules, and catalogs
- Prepares and perform mailings to accounts and commission reps as required
- Assist in sales calls preparation including creating and organizing sales materials
- Run monthly and quarterly sales reports for the Special Markets team
- Update the Special Markets mailing list and database on a regular basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Have a passion for books
- Prior experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Must be agile and be able to perform multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Self-starter, able to take ownership of job responsibilities and manage work time efficiently
- Able to communicate and work effectively with colleagues at every level of seniority as well as accounts and clients.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong written and oral communication skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $45,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.