Our company is a small, wine-focused media relations company working in a tight-knit, team-oriented environment, and our work garners well-thought-out editorial coverage for our clients in the national media. We are passionate about our work and team and love making a difference for our clients.
We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated individual looking to build a career in public relations and the wine-focused world with experience and interest in social media. The nature and scope of the position includes writing and editing press releases and press materials, development of creative ideas our clients can use to set themselves apart in the media, actively pitching our clients to journalists on the phone and in person, keeping track and managing all media activity for clients, organizing press trips, keeping abreast of top wine, food, travel, lifestyle and business writers, frequent travel to Napa, Sonoma and Central Coast, attending wine dinners, tasting panels, and food and wine events. Our ideal candidate is very hard working, extremely creative, a natural matchmaker, detail oriented, organized, fun, enthusiastic, energetic and always curious.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com; Resumes without cover letters specific to this position will not be considered.
- Writing and editing press releases and press materials
- Development of creative ideas our clients can use to set themselves apart in the media
- Actively pitching our clients to journalists on the phone and in person
- Keeping track and managing all media activity for clients via monthly reports
- Organizing press trips and media tours
- Researching new and keeping abreast of top wine, food, travel, lifestyle and business writers
- Creation of targeted media lists based on clients’ needs, stories and distribution
- Creation of trade lists—research sommeliers/buyers
- Creation of influencer lists—primarily in the realm of wine, food, travel, agriculture
- Anticipating needs of editors and writers
- Social media support for both Jarvis Comm and its clients across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin
- Occasional travel to Napa, Sonoma and Central Coast, attending wine dinners, tasting panels, and food and wine events
- Must have at least 2 years experience in a wine or restaurant or hospitality related role or a 4-year college degree with an emphasis in communications or liberal arts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Adobe Photoshop, ACT, Cision Media Source, Burelles Luce knowledge a plus
- Social media platform knowledge and proven track record of engagement
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills (details!)
- Prioritizes, plans, and takes initiative without direction
- Works productively in a team environment
- Intimate knowledge of food and wine industry trends, and media outlets
- Passion for wine, food, travel
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license