Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Manulife Wealth & Asset Management (“WAM”) is the global asset management arm of Manulife, providing comprehensive asset management solutions for investors. This investment expertise extends across a broad range of public and private asset classes, as well as asset allocation solutions WAM Operations is comprised of approximately 3000 employees across the globe and manage a variety of customer activities for retail and institutional customers. GWAM Operations also serve in a range of investment, accounting, reporting, reconciliation, data management, and project roles in support of the segment and its customers. The GWAM Operations organization is comprised of several business units.
Depending on aspiration and fit of successful candidates, you may be placed in one of the following organizations:
- Global Optimization Program (GO) – GO is one of the largest transformation programs in Manulife’s history. The GO Program moves WAM operations onto new platforms and processes.
- Performance Measurement and Analytics – Adding value to investment process by delivering timely, consistent, and high-quality performance measurement, attribution and analytics services
- GWAM Data Office – Leading the transformation to ensure data is leveraged as a strategic asset supporting our business goals.
- Alternative Investment Services – Supporting the unique infrastructure required for private markets, derivatives, real estate, and mortgage servicing.
- Fund Administration Canada, USA & Europe – Support our mutual funds by providing analytics, accounting, regulatory reporting, and tax services in a highly automated and digitized platform.
- WAM Canada Operations – Delivering high-quality and industry-strength trade operations, asset servicing, and fund and custody services.
- Middle Office Operations – Providing daily support to our Fund Managers and Traders as well as interaction with our Institutional Clients throughout the end to end operations lifecycle from onboarding, cash and trade support to client interactions.
- Business Optimization & Retirement Transformation – Transformation using automation, digitization, process improvement, and other strategies to bring Retirement and Ops to the next level of efficiency.
- Retirement Operations (Halifax, NS) – Providing daily support and interaction with our North America Retirement Plan sponsors, Third party administrators, and advisors throughout the end to end operations lifecycle from onboarding, administration, and servicing.
We are seeking successful candidates to join Manulife/John Hancock in Fall 2021. Recent graduates, upcoming graduates, and qualified candidates with related post-graduate experience are all encouraged to apply. Depending where the successful candidate will be placed, the day to day work could consist of valuation oversight, trade processing and reconciliation, risk oversight, vendor management, tax compliance, security lending, financial reporting, client on boarding, shareholder record keeping, etc.
Required skills for all roles:
- Completion of an Accounting, Finance or relevant undergraduate degree
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Strong planning, communication, and collaboration skills
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic with a proactive, flexible attitude and a desire to pitch in wherever needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite (PowerPoint & Excel)
- Other helpful skills for various groups (not mandatory)
- Knowledge of accounting and internal controls
- Data & Analytics savvy
- Experience and understanding of BI tools
- Understanding of Wealth & Asset management
- Project support experience