Marathon Strategies is an independent communications, public affairs, and research firm that is looking for a results-oriented Research Intern to Full Time hire who can start remote work immediately.
The Marathon team is as diverse as the services we offer. Our team members have prior experience as reporters, lawyers, economists, television producers, campaign operatives and crisis professionals. As a result, the firm brings a unique perspective to a large portfolio of clients across real estate, telecommunications, healthcare, transportation, financial services, education, technology and other major industries.
Over the course of the internship, interns will learn the following:
- Political research skills potentially including legislative research / monitoring, campaign finance, and news clipping
- Investigative research skills potentially including asset tracing, litigation support research, due diligence vetting and other forms of public records research
- The basics of due diligence software tools including LexisNexis and Thomson Reuters CLEAR
Responsibilities may include:
- Compiling voting records
- Reviewing and summarizing news and social media
- Identifying and summarizing litigation and criminal records
- Strong research and writing skills
- Pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in appropriate field
- Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities, and willingness to learn