As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The International Office Assistant will provide support to ensure that immigration related requests are processed efficiently in the GPS office. This person will handle incoming immigration application, process requests in SEVIS and present a weekly orientation.The role requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
• Manage, triage and assign all incoming immigration applications and distribute government docs
• Act as Asst Responsible Officer to perform SEVIS tasks such as entering info into government database; issuing and signing DS 2019s
• Present at weekly orientation
• Provide technical support and guidance to stakeholders for sunapsis software
• Organize and develop project and system documentation throughout the course of daily activities and projects
• Pay and reconcile invoices and order supplies
• Answer and triage calls, directing questions to advisors as needed
• Participate on process improvement teams
• Present at weekly orientation
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political scence, psychology or related field
- Minimum 1 year office experience or previous internship
- Combination for education and work experience will be considered.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communicaton skills
- Proficiency in computer applications incl all Microsoft Offfice programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanenet Residence status mandated by federal regulations.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external to the organization
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
• Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
• Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.