Based in the MPAC Washington D.C. office, you will develop leadership, communication, and critical and analysis skills in a dynamic and exciting work environment through hands-on experience in policy making, opinion-shaping, and public policy advocacy. You will work collaboratively with the team to develop policy positions through policy monitoring research and assessment and assist with external advocacy efforts and outreach. You will attend conferences, congressional hearings and meetings, academic lectures, and other events that come up during your time with MPAC.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research and write news briefs and policy briefs
- Develop and implement advocacy plans as they relate to government agencies, Congress, and the private sector
- Attend conferences, congressional hearings and meetings, academic lectures, etc.
- Organize and implement community engagement project
- Support staff in other policy and advocacy projects as they arise
- Strong research and writing skills, particularly on policy and legislative issues
- Familiarity with federal policymaking and legislative processes
- Interest in public affairs advocacy as it relates to American Muslims and social justice
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample