2127 INTERN, WORLD MOVEMENT FOR DEMOCRACY / SUMMER 2021
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2127 Intern, World Movement for Democracy / Summer 2021 (Job #2127)
National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a federally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, and is seeking a paid Intern for the World Movement for Democracy. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
The World Movement for Democracy is a global network that brings together democrats, including activists, practitioners, scholars, policy makers, and funders, to advance democracy around the world. The goal of the World Movement is to strengthen efforts to build democracy through sharing knowledge, information, and strategies. NED serves as the World Movement Secretariat and the intern will work with the Secretariat staff.
Position Summary: The World Movement is currently seeking a paid Intern for Summer 2021. The position is open to students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program in a related field.
The team seeks an individual with strong research, writing, communication, and organizational skills who has a strong interest in democracy work internationally. Energetic, flexible team players who take initiative and who have knowledge of a foreign language (Arabic, French, Russian, or Spanish preferred) and overseas experience are encouraged to apply.
- Conduct research to track democracy-advancement efforts.
- Assist in updating the World Movement Web site and social media channels, conduct research for the World Movement’s newsletter and draft alerts for activists facing danger.
- Support ongoing work on projects, such as the Civic Space Initiative and #SetThemFree campaign, as well as event logistics.
- Attend lectures and roundtable discussions on democracy.
- Candidate must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail.
- Students must also have proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr) and other programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro) are a plus.
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled.
Anticipated Start Date: o/a June 1, 2021
Orientation Dates: o/a June 1st – 4th, 2021
Anticipated End Date: o/a August 27, 2021
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, one of which should be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls.