- Participates in / performs activities related to risk selection / rejection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability per divisional objectives.
- Learns to use independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
- Learns to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Learns to analyze coverage and limit requests and to decide what terms to offer.
- Learns to price business in accordance with company guidelines.
- Learns to assess risk quality and compliance within company guidelines and to initiate appropriate loss prevention actions.
- Learns to order and screen miscellaneous reports needed in the rating and underwriting processes, such as Motor Vehicle reports, loss history reports, credit checks, outside inspections, loss control, etc.
- Learns to develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Interprets, explains and markets products and services.
- Develops relationships with agents & brokers through telephone interactions.
- Learns to apply underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
- Successfully completes all coursework / education as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
National Interstate and Vanliner’s Graduate Development Program, Ignition, is an exciting way for young professionals to enter the workforce. Since 2014, The Ignition program is a cohort style paid training program that teaches participants to not only become experts in their field, but truly understand the insurance industry.
Click here to learn more!
During the program you will:
- Participate in instructor led, self-paced and on-the-job training, gaining a true understanding of what it is National Interstate does and how your role fits in the big picture
- Become immersed in our company culture by learning our business model and value proposition
- Gain exposure to other areas of the business outside of your discipline through interactive presentations from industry experts
- Sharpen professional skills through weekly personal development trainings
- Develop your professional network with senior leaders and fellow participants through weekly teambuilding and social activities
The 4-week program is taking place in June 2021. The role will be expected to work in the Richfield, Ohio office, once deemed appropriate
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study: Business, Liberal Arts or a related discipline.
Experience: Typically part of a formal training program. 0 to 6 months of experience.
Scope of Job: Performs work under close supervision and technical direction. Relies on instructions and pre-established
guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Develops working knowledge of business systems and processes
used to perform the functions of the job. Works within narrowly defined limits and authority on assignments of low complexity. Position requires occasional travel.
Anticipated graduation date ranging from Winter 2020 to Spring 2021
• Requires prolonged sitting.
• Requires continuous use of computer.
• May lift, carry, push, or pull objects up to 10 lbs.
• Requires regular and predictable attendance.