Founded with a belief that everyone has the power to create, Neo IP is a nationally recognized law firm focused on integrating patents into the overall business strategy of our clients. We help emerging startups to international corporations create business solutions and navigate the ever-changing intellectual property space. We hire people who are smart, curious, creative, proactive, team players. We are looking for people excited about technology, patents, and innovation to join our Durham-based patent law firm for a paid internship this upcoming summer.
Neo IP invites engineering and science students to apply for a paid internship in our Patent Smart Program. Patent Smart™ Interns will:
· Work directly with our IP professionals and be assigned an experienced mentor for the summer
· Be trained on the patent laws that protect and govern inventions in the field of engineering
· Develop their research and writing skills while becoming familiar with numerous emerging technologies
· Participate in networking and social opportunities
Our Patent Smart™ Interns directly serve the IP needs of our clients. These tasks may include:
· Monitoring exciting industries for patent and market trends
· Completing patentability reports
· Reviewing patent applications and prosecution history
· Drafting patent prosecution documents for attorney review
Patent Smart™ Requirements Include:
· Strong technical background in engineering, computer science, life sciences, or high-tech
· Demonstrated technical writing and analytical skills
· Detail-oriented and excellent time management
· Passion for technology
Patent Smart internships are currently being considered for the summer. This position is based in our Durham, NC office with a full-time commitment to work 40 hours a week, 5 days a week over the internship period. We would consider hiring the right candidate for an extended internship or co-op position, and the Patent Smart™ program is designed to feed into full-time positions.
To be considered, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining what you can bring to our team, and why you are excited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website at neoipassets.com.